NINE dot ARTS and the City of Wichita are seeking artists for three public art commissions for Wichita’s new Northwest Water Facility (NWWF). The facility is expected to be operational by the end of 2024. The artwork is expected to be installed by the end of 2023.
Artwork will be selected by a project steering committee based on artist eligibility and fulfillment of the selection criteria found here. Select artists will receive a $1,000 design fee to develop a full proposal for the specified art location.
- January 15, 2023 – Any questions from artists are due in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 25, 2023 – Deadline to submit
- February 6, 2023 – Finalists announced with a stipend for project concept designs
- February 24, 2023 – Finalists to submit project concept designs
- March 6, 2023 – Commission awarded
- September – December 2023 – Project installation
*If this schedule is changed, NINE dot ARTS will revise the schedule and send notice to all finalists